I really didn’t want to spend more money at Sephora anytime soon but 15% off is too good of a deal to resist. Considering how rare it is to get a discount on any of their items, it’s best to take advantage, right?! Luckily I had about $50 of store credit that I was able to put towards my purchases, so that helped a lot.
Of course, when I saw Sephora came out with two new skin care “Favourites” sets, I knew what I would be buying! I’m a sucker for their sets. Not only is it a great way to discover new products, but often there will be products included that you have already fallen in love with but are too cheap to buy the full size! 😄
The first set contains 8 products and is called the “Ultimate Skincare Vault.” It costs $46 CAD with a value of $92! That’s 50% off which is nice enough already, but then factor in the 15% off and the deal gets sweeter.
- Fresh Soy Face Cleansing Milk – I love their regular soy face cleanser so I’m sure this will be a great product also. It does say non-foaming, though. I like a lathering cleanser personally but as always, I’m willing to try it out!
- GlamGlow GravityMud Firming Treatment – I have been dying to try this! This is the mask that shows up silver on your face. It’s for fine lines and wrinkles, firming, tightening, etc.
- Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream – This is a gel-cream which is something different for me. It has rosewater in it which is not only great for hydration but for redness in the skin, which I have.
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask – I think I already have one of these minis laying around but I haven’t tried it yet. I love Laneige’s Water Bank Moisture Cream and Serum so I think this is going to be great.
- Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream – This is a product I am currently using and loving. I’m happy to have a backup for when it’s finished! It really does work to brighten up and depuff the undereye! I always use this if I’m not wearing makeup.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum – This is one of my favourite serums! I will never say no to getting more minis of this! I’m in love with the orange scent of it. It does a great job of brightening the skin and it has anti-aging benefits also.
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel – I just used a sample of this the other night! My skin looked great and they were so easy to use. These are supposed to be great for people with acne prone skin because it uses exfoliating acids rather than beads.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir – This product looks really neat! It’s a priming spray and a setting spray for your makeup! I can’t wait to try this and see how it performs.
The second set I purchased contains 7 products and is called “Power of the Petal.” It costs $48 CAD with a value of $94. All of these items contain some sort of plant, flower or fruit ingredient. There is a lot of controversy surrounding this set. The website description claims the set includes a 1 oz bottle of SK-II Facial Treatment Essence but the majority of us did not get this item.
The picture on the front of the box I received does not show that product. However, I have seen YouTube unboxings where it does have the SK-II product pictured. The Sephora website now has the box pictured without the product but it still has it in the description (at time of writing)! So so strange.
People have been leaving reviews on Sephora about this and Sephora has been deleting them. I’ve heard that they do that but I’ve never seen it with my own eyes! I guess many people have inquired about this error and they are told they can return it rather than getting the missing item. It’s all very sketch.
- L’Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate – I’m always game to try new body creams and this one looks really good! It is supposed to smooth, hydrate and firm!
- Fresh Rose Face Mask – Another Fresh product with rosewater! It’s definitely something I’ve always been interested to try and now I have the chance!
- Estée Edit Pink Peony Overnight Water Pack – This is a hydrating and brightening mask that you can use overnight! I’ve been using face packs a lot lately and my skin looks positively glowing in the morning. I’m sure this one will be no different.
- Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Face Lifting Soft Cream – I really like this brand. I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve tried so far. This soft cream looks special because it contains powerful skin care benefits but in a lightweight formula.
- Karuna Age-Defying+ Hand Mask – I love hand masks! They are great to use during a movie because they keep me off my phone and I can pay attention! 😄 I’ve tried Karuna’s hydrating sheet masks for the face and they are fabulous so I’m sure these will be too.
- Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask – I do have some fine lines in my undereye area so I’m happy to get these! Eye masks in general are great because they are so much less messy than any other masks.
- Farmacy Hydrating Coconut Gel Mask – Deep Moisture (Cucumber) – A sheet mask for hydrating the skin! I love to use any sheet mask and I’ve always wanted to try this brand so I’m excited for this.
Both of the Favourites sets I ordered online separately (so I could get more free samples hehe) so I needed some cheap items to add to make up those few extra dollars for free shipping. I chose the Sephora Orchid Eye Mask for $6 CAD and the Sephora Coconut Lip Balm for $8 CAD.
I also ended up going in store and I redeemed some points. I chose the Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Power Eye Cream (which I’ve used before and loved), Ole Henriksen Counter Balance Oil Control Hydrator (because I have oily skin), Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1 (it was recommended to me awhile back as a texturizer/volumizer but apparently it’s also good to use as dry shampoo!), and Philosophy Time in a Bottle 100% In Control Serum (because I’m always in need of an anti-aging serum). These were all 100 point items.
I was able to use my store credit for the items I bought in store. I returned the Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation last month because it was too dark for me. I went in thinking I was going to repurchase it in the correct shade but unfortunately they didn’t have tester bottles for a couple of the lighter shades so I didn’t want to pick the wrong shade again.
I decided to test out the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer since a lot of YouTubers seem to like it. I got mine in the shade 0.5 Breeze and it retails for $35 CAD. I’ve only used it twice so far but I’m liking it. The first time I used it, I used a sponge to apply it. I didn’t think I was liking it because the foundation seemed to stick to the sponge too much rather than apply nicely on my face. So the second time I applied it, I switched to the Sephora Pro Flawless Airbrush and then used my sponge to blend it out more in some spots. I much preferred the finished look the second time! It didn’t look cakey but the coverage was really good. I did still have to use concealer on pimples, though. I find the applicator (a giant doe foot) a little strange but also kind of neat because it’s mess-free.
I also purchased the First Aid Beauty FAB Gym Bag Essentials Kit. At the time, it wasn’t available online in the Canadian store so I thought I better pick it up since there were only a few left in store. It contains 4 items and cost $42 CAD with a $60 value.
The set included:
- Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer – This is fairly new and I wanted to try it instantly. If it says coconut, sign me up. It’s also super intriguing to me because it’s a moisturizer and a primer. It looks like it will be similar to Benefit’s Porefessional in texture, and it’s also supposed to blur pores.
- Hello FAB Vital Greens Face Mist – Tati did a review on this recently and I think she only thought it was ok but I was curious about it anyway. So I’m glad this kit comes with it so I can try it out for myself! It can be used for setting makeup or for refreshing it throughout the day!
- Ultra Repair Lip Therapy – I love trying new lip products! I haven’t seen anyone talk about this one so I guess I’ll be going in blind! I find lip products are something I need to test for myself anyway since my lips react easily.
- Face Cleanser – This was much bigger than I was expecting! Cleansers sold at Sephora are not something I go out of my way to buy on their own because all these sets always include new cleansers to try. I haven’t tried this one yet so I’m happy to!
Lastly, here are my free foil samples: Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream, Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream, Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser, First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer, Briogeo Rosarco Repair Shampoo, Philosophy Purity Made Simple Foaming 3-in-1 Cleansing Gel for Face and Eyes, and Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream.
That’s it for my VIB haul! I need to stay away from Sephora for awhile now. Hopefully I can stay strong! Ha! We will see. I really want their new Lashstash To Go set! You get 4 deluxe samples of mascara plus a voucher to redeem a full size in store! I really don’t need it but I sure want it!
Hope you all have a lovely week and thanks for reading!